We start Friday’s show with a look at herd immunity, where signs of it are reportedly appearing in Sweden, and why that country’s response to Covid-19 has been controversial. Afterward, our series on virtual vacations resumes with a look at river surfing in a landlocked state. And we’re wrapping up the week in Venice, where jellyfish have appeared near St. Mark’s Square.
1. What Asian country, which was featured on Monday’s show, is using new technology to track where coronavirus patients have been, though the methods are raising privacy concerns?
2. Name one of the three space travelers who recently returned from the International Space Station to a world transformed by the coronavirus.
3. More than 30 percent of all coronavirus cases in the U.S. have been detected in what state?
4. What is the name of the meteor shower that occurs in April as the Earth passes through the trail of Comet Thatcher?
5. Name the “mother of all commodities,” whose price on the U.S. stock market temporarily became negative (-$37.63) earlier this week.
6. As featured on Wednesday’s show: Researchers in Florida have observed less human impact on what kind of reptile, which nests on beaches and whose gestation period is about 60 days?
7. What North African city, whose name means “the victorious,” is located near the only existing Wonder of the Ancient World?
8. Name the capital of India, a city that has seen a dramatic decrease in a certain type of air pollution as an inadvertent side effect of the coronavirus lockdown.
9. What two-word term describes an event when melting ice piles up on a lakeshore after being shoved there by the wind?
10. In what European country does a top disease specialist say there are signs of herd immunity, though there have been more coronavirus deaths there than in neighboring countries?
CNN 10 serves a growing audience interested in compact on-demand news broadcasts ideal for explanation seekers on the go or in the classroom. The show’s priority is to identify stories of international significance and then clearly describe why they’re making news, who is affected, and how the events fit into a complex, international society.
Thank you for using CNN 10